Monday, January 23rd - 6:00-7:30 pm - FSC
Please join Andrea Kelsall, our school nurse and Sexual Health educator on January 23rd from 6:00 -7:30 pm. We will be discussing Collingwood's sexual health education program.
Topics covered will include the following:
- Reasons why we need to talk to children about sexual health at a young age
- 5 stages of sexual development children progress through on their way to becoming sexually mature adults
- What children should know at each stage, with specific examples of ways to explain body parts and processes
- How to provide information to children in a way they will understand and remember (and minimize embarrassment for the parent)!
- How to effectively answer the questions children ask
- How to reduce risk of child sexual abuse
- What will be covered in Body Science sessions for students from K-7
Monday, January 23